Healthy dinners for kids! it can often feel like a tug of war. You try to feed them healthy vegetables but they try to go back to their trusty mac & cheese, spaghetti, pizza, and chicken fingers. There are a plethora of recipes out there that will satisfy your kids and other family members. These recipes are packed with nutrition using whole vegetables and lean proteins. In fact, many of them are just healthier versions of your kids’ favorite dishes, like spaghetti and meatballs and sloppy joes. And you can feel great about cooking up a healthier meal for your family.
Your kids will love these healthy dinners and will never ask for chicken fingers again. Keep reading for healthy dinner for kids recipes. At first, try to hook them on these nutritious recipes then slowly introduce new dishes with more ingredients and nutrition.
2. In a pan heat olive oil. Add onion and cook until softened and lightly brown. Now add ground beef or chicken and mix it with a spoon. Season with taco seasoning, salt, and black pepper and cook until the meat cooked. It may take about 6 minutes. Now drain the fat.
3. Now fill each tortilla with cooked beef mixture, then top with shredded cheddar. Let it bake until the tortillas are golden around the edges and the cheese has melted. It may take about 10 minutes.
4. Serve it and of course garnish with tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, and sour cream.
• Premade pizza crust
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 1/2 tsp. oregano
• Pinch of salt
• 1 1/2 cup of pizza sauce
• Shredded mozzarella 1 cup
• Mini pepperoni 1 cup
• Finely chopped parsley for decoration
1. 2 cans/tubes of crescent rolls
2. 1 8oz pkg. Greek cream cheese
3. shredded carrots- 1/2 c.
4. finely chopped broccoli- 1/2 c.
5. finely chopped onion- 1/2 c.
6. Chopped red pepper- 1/2 c.
7. chopped cucumber- 1/2. c.
8. sliced black olives
9. diced avocado
10. fresh chopped tomatoes
This recipe can feed 6 to 8 people so if you have fewer family members then make full and freeze the half.
1. 2 pounds of ground beef, turkey thawed if frozen
2. 20 ounces of pizza or spaghetti sauce
3. dried oregano 11⁄2 tablespoons
4. 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
5. onion powder 1 teaspoon
6. garlic powder 1 teaspoon
7. 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8. 16 ounces of spinach
9. 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese
10. cottage cheese 1 (14-ounce)
11. 8 ounces of mozzarella cheese